<MP>Friday, 07 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:32:02 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Ambrose (340?-397)
One of Ambrose's biographers observed that at the Last Judgment people would
still be divided between those who admired Ambrose and those who heartily
disliked him. He emerges as the man of action who cut a furrow through the
lives of his contemporaries. Even royal personages were numbered among those
who were to suffer crushing divine punishments for standing in Ambrose's
way.  Saint Ambrose was a remarkable man.  I invite you to click the link
below to read more about him, and the wonderful and gentle way he helped
Saint Augustine and Saint Monica.

On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book; And out of gloom and
darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see.
The lowly will ever find joy in the LORD, and the poor rejoice in the Holy
One of Israel.  ~Isaiah 29:17-24

When he entered the house, the blind men approached him and Jesus said to
them, "Do you believe that I can do this?"
"Yes, Lord," they said to him. Then he touched their eyes and said, "Let it
be done for you according to your faith."
And their eyes were opened.  ~Matthew 9:27-31

Isaiah's dreams seem incredible ... they eyes of the blind able to see, the
poor rejoicing, and much more.  Jesus fulfills that dream when in our Gospel
he restores the eyes of two blind men. Many of us stand in the need of
healing.  Eye problems are no stranger to me. Our faith too, can lead us to
healing and strength.

I pray that Isaiah's dream may be my dream too.  I pray that my faith might
open me to God's healing strength.