<MP>Thursday, 06 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:51:52 -0600

T O D A Y ' S    S U R G E R Y
I had further eye surgery today, laser surgery to kill part of the part of
the eye that produces fluid.  The goal, to reduce pressure in that eye.  It
was 38 on Monday, we'll see what it is tomorrow.  Thanks so much to those of
you who have offered prayers.  Your prayers are precious to me!  The surgery
took four minutes once it started!  Tomorrow (Thursday) ... back to Mayo to
have the patch and bandages removed!

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

S T .   N I C H O L A S    D A Y
Today is the Feast of Saint Nicholas.  Follow the banner from www.frpat.com
for more about this wonderful Saint who became Santa.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Nicholas (d. 350?)
The absence of the "hard facts" of history is not necessarily an obstacle to
the popularity of saints, as the devotion to St. Nicholas shows. Both the
Eastern and Western Churches honor him, and it is claimed that, after the
Blessed Virgin, he is the saint most pictured by Christian artists. And yet,
historically, we can pinpoint only the fact that Nicholas was the
fourth-century bishop of Myra, a city in Lycia, a province of Asia Minor.
For more, click the link below:

Trust in the LORD forever! For the LORD is an eternal Rock. He humbles those
in high places, and the lofty city he brings down; He tumbles it to the
ground, levels it with the dust. It is trampled underfoot by the needy,
by the footsteps of the poor.  ~Isaiah 21:1-6

"Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a
wise man who built his house on rock."  ~Matthew 7:21, 24-27

How important it is for us to build on a solid foundation.  We can begin
that as children, with our devotion of Jesus and the Saints.  We can
continue building our house on rock by helping the poor and all those in
need.  As others become more important we become happier and healthier, and
closer to God.

I pray that I may not think so much of myself as of others.  I pray that I
may be truly generous to those who need my help in any way.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site