Friday, 14 November 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:13:28 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Friday, 14 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

Today we drive southeast, through the Italian countryside to Mt. St. Angelo
And visit the Grotto of St. Michael the Archangel. We celebrate Mass at 8
A.m. In San Legoniziano Basilica in Lanciano. We proceed to San Giovanni
Rotondo, the home of St. Padre Pio.

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
Forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
Day in 2009 ... From $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
Calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
Banner link from:  WWW.stpatz.Com

St. Gertrude (1256?-1302)
Gertrude, a Benedictine nun in Helfta (Saxony), was one of the great mystics
Of the 13th century. Together with her friend and teacher St. Mechtild, she
Practiced a spirituality called "nuptial mysticism," that is, she came to
See herself as the bride of Christ. Her spiritual life was a deep personal
Union with Jesus and his Sacred Heart, leading her into the very life of the
Trinity.  For more, follow the link below:

For this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the
Commandment, as you heard from the beginning,
In which you should walk. ~2 John 4-9

On that day, someone who is on the housetop and whose belongings are in the
House must not go down to get them, and likewise one in the field must not
Return to what was left behind. ~Luke 17:26-37

As we draw closer to the end of the Church year we meditate on the end of
Time. Many worry about the end of time or the end of their lives.  Still,
For us, there is nothing to worry about if we "walk according to his
Commandments." We can turn to the Lord with all our hearts, seek
Reconciliation if we're in need of it, and then live each day of our lives
With love, as if it were our last.

I pray that I may not worry about the end of time or the end of my life.  I
Pray that I may wait in joyful hope for the coming of Christ as I live each
Day with love, as if it is my last.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!