Morning prayer November 15

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:15:31 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Saturday, 15 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

We're spending to day at San Giovanni Rotondo, the home of St. Padre Pio. We
Celebrate Mass at 9:30 a.m. At Our Lady of Grace Church (old Shrine) at San
Giovanni.  We visit the tomb and sanctuary of Padre Pio, tour the old church
Of Santa Maria delle Grazia and see the crucifix from which Padre Pio
Received the stigmata in 1918. Keep us in your prayers and know we remember
Your intentions in ours as well!

St. Albert the Great (1206-1280)
Albert the Great was a 13th-century German Dominican who influenced
Decisively the stance of the Church toward Aristotelian philosophy brought
To Europe by the spread of Islam. Students of philosophy know him as the
Master of Thomas Aquinas. Albert's attempt to understand Aristotle's
Writings established the climate in which Thomas Aquinas developed his
Synthesis of Greek wisdom and Christian theology. But Albert deserves
Recognition on his own merits as a curious, honest and diligent scholar.
For more, follow the link below:

Beloved, you are faithful in all you do for the brothers and sisters,
Especially for strangers; they have testified to your love before the
Church. ~3 John 5-8

The Lord said, "Pay attention to what the dishonest judge says. Will not God
Then secure the rights of his chosen ones
Who call out to him day and night?  ~Luke 18:1-8

We can trust that God will give us all we need. We can live then, according
To our calling, faithful in all we do for our brothers and sisters.  It can
Become a way of life to follow God's call and to live with love.

I pray that I may trust in God's providence.  I pray that I may live
According to my calling, faithful in all I do for others.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!