Thursday, 13 November 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:03:35 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Subject: Thursday, 13 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y
Today we head northeast to Loreto, on the Adriatic coast.  We'll visit the
Holy House of Nazareth as well as the Black Madonna of Loreto.  We celebrate
Mass at 12:30 p.m. In the Crypt chapel of the Loreto Basilica. We continue
To Lanciano, another coastal town, where the host and wine were visibly
Changed into the flesh and blood of Jesus.

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
Forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
Day in 2009 ... From $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
Calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
Banner link from:  WWW.stpatz.Com

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Frances Xavier Cabrini was the first United States citizen to be canonized.
Her deep trust in the loving care of her God gave her the strength to be a
Valiant woman doing the work of Christ. Refused admission to the religious
Order which had educated her to be a teacher, she began charitable work at
The House of Providence Orphanage in Cadogno, Italy. In September 1877, she
Made her vows there and took the religious habit.  For more, follow the link
Below:

I am sending him, that is, my own heart, back to you. I should have liked to
Retain him for myself, so that he might serve me on your behalf in my
Imprisonment for the Gospel, but I did not want to do anything without your
Consent, so that the good you do might not be forced but voluntary. Philemon
7-20

Jesus said in reply, "The coming of the Kingdom of God cannot be observed,
And no one will announce, 'Look, here it is,' or, 'There it is.' For behold,
The Kingdom of God is among you." ~Luke 17:20-25

The time we spend seeking the Kingdom of God is a bit worthless ... Unless
We realize that it is among us.  We are called to live as members of
Christ's Body, making the Kingdom present in the world we live in ... As we
Wait in joyful hope for our Lord's return at the end of time when he ushers
In the fullness of the Kingdom.

I pray that I may busy myself living as a part of the Body of Christ and
Striving to usher in God's Kingdom in the world I live in.  I pray that I
May wait in joyful hope for the Lord's return, and the time when he ushers
In the fullness of His Kingdom.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!