[modular-debian] Re: Getting started with qemu

  • From: Steve Litt <slitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:10:22 -0500

On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 16:04:16 -0800
"Go Linux" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"golinux@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

> > On 11/09/2014
> > 12:19 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > As far as Jessie, I'm now trying to distance myself from Debian.
>
> > SteveT
>

> Then maybe modular-debian is not the appropriate name for this list.
> Just sayin'  . . .
>
> golinux

That's an insightful and observant comment. I'll bet you dollars to
donuts that if Joel Roth had created this list today, it would have a
different name, but the logistics of changing it now would hurt the
group. Also, I'll bet some in this group are loyal to Debian and just
want it systemd-free.

The other thing is, this name reminds us of the journey we're on, and
where we've come from. A couple months ago I think most of us figured
"oh, this is just a technical glitch exploited by Red Hat." A couple
months ago I'll bet most of us wanted a systemd-free Debian, but now
several of us will accept any old systemd-free FOSS OS that meets
our needs, and personally, I'd now prefer my systemd-free FOSS OS to
*not* be Debian, because of the trust issue. I might not be alone.

And maybe the name "modular-debian" is an excellent name after all,
because it reminds us of where we've come from.

SteveT