[modeleng] Re: sprockets

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:40:17 +0100

Tel,
Not knowing quite what you want to achieve, or how you are planning to do
it, this might be a bit of a silly question.

But, could you not use a 120 tooth sprocket, and either gear it 2:1, or fit
it with a simple escapement such that it indexes the rotation of the
sprocket by half a chain-pitch?
The latter could be quite easy and might save you making all those teeth.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.