[modeleng] Re: sprockets

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:09:25 +0100 (BST)

Hi there Terry,

If this is what you are doing, then how about just cutting one out of
every ten teeth, and cutting away the rest of the metal, as you aren't
trying to transmit much force?

You might need to place guide to help the chain feed onto the sprocket
correctly (as the self feeding action will be spoilt by missing out
teeth).

Another alternative, why not place three or four smaller sprockets in a
semicircular shape, true the barge will look like it is negotiating a
hexagon or octagon, but it might look good enough?

What do you reckon?

Yours,

Rich.