[modeleng] Re: Wood stain removing/blending

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks gents!  After another cup of Coffee, I shall go
down to the shop and try out your ideas.  One bright
thing about it, if I foul up too badly, I can turn
that side to the inside of the closet!!  FYI--when
this house was built back in the late '60's, all the
doors were those "Flush Luan Mahogany" doors that were
all the rage (and probably the cheapest the contractor
could buy) back then.  We are in the process of
replacing them all with "Six Panel Solid Pine Doors",
and thus the need for staining them.  Also, since
these doors weigh considerably more than the original
ones, I am having to install an additional hinge in
the center of each to support the extra weight.  Loads
of fun----I'd much rather be working on a Model Steam
Engine!!

Al