[modeleng] Wood stain removing/blending

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

I am doing an up-grade project for SWMBO--replacing
some closet doors.  I have one laying flat and was
staining each side and allowing it to dry before
turning it over and doing the other side, but when I
did the edge, some stain ran down and made blotches on
the underneath side.  My question is this: how can I
blend these blotches into the rest of the stained
panel?

BTW: I used a 1/8" x 3/4" long round key made of
Silver Steel to secure the flywheel to the shaft of
the Ugly V/O Engine.  I figured that since this size
was 1/4 the diameter of the shaft itself it would be
sufficient.  The hole was drilled into the joint
between the shaft and hub and the un-threaded key is
held in place by a washer secured to the end of the
shaft by a 3/8" x 24 tpi nut and is invisible.

Al Messer