[modeleng] Re: Way OT

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 06:23:42 -0500

" Maybe we had better get back on topic. Whatever it/they may be".
   John

Nah John,

We having more fun this way!  If you will notice, I have tossed in something
about steam in every mention of my fabulous rain making trailer.  Terry is
the one that brought up that business about me spending his small
transportation donation on corn mash which I ran through the boiler on the
Newbie Project.

Speaking of corn.  I wonder how it would work as fuel in a steamer?  It
seems to work quite well in a type of wood stove sold here in the States as
"Wood Pellet" stoves.  Corn got ridiculously cheap over here one year and
some people with those pellet stoves found they could burn corn and save
money over the pellets.  I don't see why it would not burn just as well on
the grates of my American and Shay boilers.  I don't know that it wouldn't
burn about as clean as coal and smell better than propane.

Jesse