[modeleng] Steam pressure/velocity question

  • From: "Peter Beevers" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:14:13 +0100

I would like to take a whistle design which is for 150 lbs/sq in+ and make
it work at 75 lbs/sq in+. Now, the steam exit slot(s) will have to change
size (at least) for the change in pressure (to increase the velocity to be
the same as at the higher pressure). This much I have found out so far.

So - what is the relationship between escape velocity and pressure so I can
calculate the difference in escape slot size??

What else have I, in my ignorance, not yet discovered about this (Like it
just can't be done, perhaps...) ???

Many Thanks for any views on this one,

Peter