[modeleng] Re: Two Questions

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:58:17 -0600

At 08:24 PM 1/20/06 -0000, you wrote:
>My Isle of Man Beyer Peacock has a one piece casting for the dome. I don't
>know where the casting came from but it is a heavy casting and the
machining would have been beyond me - Dave

   Machining . . . more specifically holding while machining is the main
question isn't it.  I envision spending as much or more time on a
jig/mandrel, etc, for holding a casting as I will the actual machining.
I've made such things in hard wood before and managed to make them work so
I may again.

Regards,
Harry