[modeleng] Re: Two Questions

  • From: Alan Stepney <alesara2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 03:27:57 +0000 (GMT)

As far as I know, most were cast.
Dont know about thickness, but I do know that I could
hardly lift one (it was about 12" high plus curved
part).

I have an idea that later ones were formed /pressed
/spun, but they were then much smaller (due to larger
boiler).

Monel is still available from Reeves et al, but for
some reason isnt as popular as it once was. There was
some talk about problems or possible problems with it,
but I dont remember what it was.

Alan