[modeleng] Re: Two Questions

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:24:24 -0000

I must admit I've seen some beautiful brass dome covers, particularly on the
Isle of Man locos, where the joint is invisible.  I guess the trick is to
use a filler rod of the same composition as the brass sheet.

My Isle of Man Beyer Peacock has a one piece casting for the dome. I don't
know where the casting came from but it is a heavy casting and the machining
would have been beyond me and the guy that did it did a superb job.

Dave.