[modeleng] Re: TRIO TS530S HF Transceiver

  • From: "kenny macdougall" <kenny.macdougall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:18:42 +0100

Hi Alan Peter and All,
This is the Antenna i am thinking about getting ,any thoughts on this.  How
it works : The antenna is fed using 50 Ohm coax via a SO-239 socket at the
base of the unit.
A voltage UNUN transformer is located in an IP65 weather sealed box at the
bottom of the bracket
section of the fibre glass elements. The antenna comes in four parts, three
grade fibreglass poles
and one stainless steel tapered whip. The transformer reduces the high
voltage generated to a more
acceptable level making the antenna much more efficient and allowing proper
and easy tuning via a
manual and most automatic ATU?s. The antenna can be grounded if the user
experiences excessive local static noise, but as the UNUN is DC grounded :
grounding will not affect the tuning ratios.
The Antenna was tested without an Atu and with an Atu. Different locations
and antenna configurations may alter the results obtained
Kenny
Skye
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320868049406?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649