[modeleng] Re: Saddle keys and etc.

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:46:55 +0100

Wilfreid, I think Allen meant the key to go in to the face of the
wheel/axle, and not through the wheel into the axle.

I reckon that procedure, screw half-and-half, is OK as it has been used for
many years without problems.
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.