[modeleng] Re: RH&D accident

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:19:15 +0100

I think it is a disgraceful outcome, how can someone not see the lights?
Would she have done the same thing on a full size railway crossing, many do
and have not lived to regret it. Just because it is a minature railway, the
crossing lights mean the same and the only difference in the outcome is the
loco driver got killed not the car driver.  I have been at incidents where a
train as demolished a car that has jumped the barriers, it is not a nice
sight and the loco driver has it on his concience, although he can't do
anything about it.

Ok I'll get off my soapbox for now, but it does annoy me.

Dave.