[modeleng] RH&D accident

  • From: peter.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:11:16 +0100

I don't know if anyone else noticed. the woman who crashed her car into=
 the
Romney Hythe & Dymchurch train, killing the driver, was found 'not guil=
ty'
of causing death by dangerous driving, but guilty of careless driving. =
She
was fined =A3500 and banned from driving for 12 months. She said that s=
he
'didn't see' the flashing lights.

I wonder if the RH&D are going after her insurance company for the loss=
es?
Hopefully, because if so, she could be off the road a lot longer than 1=
2
months while she finds someone to insure her......

Good job I wasn't on the jury!

Peter Chadwick
Swindon=