[modeleng] Re: Mystery thread

  • From: "Jeff D" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:23:13 +0000

This machine is Rockwell and will either be made in USA or Taiwan. It is
very unlikely that it would have any Whitworth or cycle threads. US
manufacturers just didn't use those fasteners on tools, period. Only
recently do you find metric on tools made by US firms, it's only because
they are having so much stuff made offshore for the last 10 yr or so. Before
that, fasteners are either USS, UNC or UNF on US tooling.

Cheers Jeff Dayman