[modeleng] Mastiff Petrol Engine

  • From: Roger Mason <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Model Engineering List - Latest <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:09:34 +0000

Hi All,

    I have been asked to write an article about Dad,  Len Mason.   In
particular his work with model petrol engines would be of the most
interest.   His most well known engine is the "Mastiff",  a flat four,
side valve,  water cooled,  petrol engine.   As this will be possibly
presenting this engine to a new group of enthusiasts it would be nice if
I could find where the information and the castings for this engine are
available.

    So my question is:   Does anyone know who used to supply castings
for this engine,  if they still exist and still can provide these castings?

    I have looked in a number of Model Engineers of the time,  but can
see no-one advertising that they supply the castings.   I am sure there
was a supplier - but cannot recall who.

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes.