[modeleng] ME Traction Engine 1" Scale

  • From: Roger Mason <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Model Engineering List - Latest <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:49:53 +0100

Hi Folks,

    Further to my earlier posting on this subject,  my friend and I have
been doing some more research and have found out a bit more
information.   You will remember that he was looking for a source of
castings for this engine.   Well we have discovered that the original
design was by Henry Greenley (we knew that) and that he described it in
the ME in 1933.   We now have a list of the issues concerned,  they
range from Issue 1652 to 1697.

    I wonder if anyone has access to these issues and might have a few
minutes spare to have a look in one or two of them to see if there is
any mention of who is supplying the castings,  or alternatively if there
is anyone advertising that they are supplying the castings.   It is very
slight chance,  but knowing the original supplier might enable us to
find out who is the current supplier,  if there is such a company.

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes.