[modeleng] LBSC boilers was Donington

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:29:57 -0500

At 12:03 PM 10/18/04 +0100, you wrote:
>What of his boiler designs are you thinking of, as it would seem odd if
>he went from designing like this around 1930, to being less 'careful'
>later on? - Rich.

   The Maid of Kent (ca.1946 I believe) calls for a few bushings but then
other large openings which should also be bushed are not.  I acquired a
part-built Maid & boiler and it is not bushed at all.  I also built a Dyak
boiler a couple of years ago and although its design likewise was missing
bushings it had other features which I think might exceed today's practice.

Regards,
Harry