[modeleng] Re: Iron Foundry

  • From: "AndyA" <AndyA@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:16:56 -0000

Hi Roger
I think the second address is the one you remember from the previous list
but you could also try the first place as well!

regards

Andy

ELW Founders Ltd.
7 Harvest Drive
South Lowestoft Ind Est
Lowestoft
Suffolk
NR33 7NJ
Tel 01502 513086
www.elwfounders.co.uk

  The foundry is in North Notts. address is
             Manor Brass (Ferrous & Non Ferrous Castings for Industry & The
  Model Engineer)
  Unit 52 Trent Rd.,
  Boughton Industrial Estate,
  Ollerton,
  Notts.
  NG22 9ZB
  Tel./Fax 01623 863069

  They supply Blackgates, Spinks, Reeves & someone near Exeter who builds 10
&
  a quarter engines, plus all the local model men.
  It is a 2 men & a lad operation but they are hard working, they recently
did
  away with the coke furnace & installed oil, they can now do 4 pourings  of
  iron per day. They also do architectural castings & have made cast iron
  windows for Euston or St Pancras Stn.