[modeleng] Re: Heinrici

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:40:27 -0600

Alan.  Nice looking set of castings.  ae expect to see the engine up and
running in a week or two!!

Jesse in 71° F Troy, TN

: [modeleng] Re: Heinrici

 Coming along nicely!

 On 14/11/2011 5:27 AM, stepney wrote:
 Progress to date.

 http://www.alanstepney.info/he2s.jpg

 Back row, L to R:
 Displacer (needs a clean), two flywheels, two bearing standards

 Main casting, crank pin, piston yoke, piston, power cylinder.

 Displacer con rod and shaft.

 At the front is a marked out  piece of steel that will be the power
 crankshaft.
 I suspect that there was a casting for it, but I cant find it, so am
 having to make one.

 All the other pins, bolts etc are made as are the cooling water
 fittings. The latter still need the pipes, and I plan to have pumped
 water, so will need to make a  pump.

 The biggest item still to make is the "furnace" on which the engine stands.