[modeleng] Re: Harrogate Show

  • From: Chris Crosskey <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:14:35 +0000

It's not really H+S's fault that we have a  legal system that at no points
allows for the abrogation of a duty of care..... the yanks will have some small
print to the effect that you are entering a risky environment under your own
recognisance and that you cannot therefore sue anyone if something blows up and
hurts you.... Unfortunately the knock on effect is that if something is
inherently dangerous (and gas-fired portable almost anything is indoors unless
measures are taken) then they can't let you do it, or if you do it, they can't
let the public in.....

chrisc