[modeleng] Great Dorset Steam Fair

  • From: john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:08:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi to all,
Did any of you go to Dorset Steam Fair?

It was my first time, There is so many things to see, not only the steam side
but many old ans current crafts, old cars,old motor bike,cycles,Thatching,Cider
making,lace making,and just about any craft you come to mention.

The Steam engines are very impressive,I would think over 250 engines and
showmans engines with various attachments to do tasks such as sawing logs,
stone crushing which they use for road laying.

There are four arrenas displaying all that is at the fair all the time.

A massive boot sale with about 150 stall of old and usefull part for those
requiring rebuilds, then there is many new stall selling about anything you may
want.

worth a visit for all.

yours for now.

John Burridge