[modeleng] Re: Fw: Re: Adept/Super Adept lathes

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:47:48 +1100

seen the future? I have indeed John, and continue to do so ;-)

now the way I make slotted grub screws is this;

make a hex 'nut' about twice as long as your required grub screw.

cut a guide slot in one end (corner to corner, as you say)

now run a bit of all-thread into the hole far enough to make the screw.
Insert a headed screw from the bottom and lock it in place.

cut off the all-thread & file/turn flush with the top of the 'nut'.

Cut the slot, using the guide, with a junior hacksaw. Clean up with a
slotting file if needed.

slacken lock screw, remove grubscrew via your nice new slot.

> What about taking a standard cheesehead screw, turn the head down to the
O/D