[modeleng] Air pump

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:07:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

 They used to sell a gadget to do that over here not all that long ago -
probably still got one lyin' about somewhere. Tony might well invent the
first internal combustion steam engine eh?   They did have converted steam
engines in the early oil well country of the USA.  Special heads with
igniters replaced the head of the steam engine, and I guess you had to blank
off the steam port on the front end of the engine. Natural gas from the well
was used as fuel as it still is on some wells in isolated areas.  Some of
these hybrids still exist in the collections of early type gas engine
fanatics.  Interesting but not as good as a made for the job gas engine.
>Actually, Tony, you COULD replace one of the spark plugs in your
automobile
>with a check valve and use that cylinder as a compressor.    Didn't you
haveto disable the intake valve on the cylinder being used as a compressor
inorder to prevent doing what Charles said and have an explosive mixture?
Red Neck Tennesseean