[modeleng] Re: 3½ versus 5

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the info, Jem.  My 10 x 24 Logan may face a
10" wheel, but to do the rims and tread on some 5-1/2"
dia. wheels, I had to make up a "special" boring bar
type tool as the crossfeed does not retract the cross
slide far enough to use a normal lathe tool bit.  If
you do decide to go with the larger scale, I would
suggest that you find a friendly club member who has a
lathe with a larger swing, but I think that your lathe
is large enough to do all the rest of the work.

Al Messer