[modeleng] Re: 3½ versus 5

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:38:02 -0700 (PDT)

Jem, you are to be congratulated on your
accomplishments to date.  As to what gauge--well,
around here in Middle Tennessee, the only available
track is in 7-1/2" gauge  and most all of the
equiptment is of a size that will give you a hernia if
you are not very careful.  Personally, I would like to
build a smaller gauge for ease of handling, but I
wonder about the difficulty in adding the details when
you build to too small a scale.  If you have available
trackage on which to run, I would suggest that you
just build whatever size suits your own desires.

Al Messer