Re: [MoAccess] question on updating motif XS OS

  • From: "Jeremy Hall" <jehall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:18:13 -0500

You also have to hold down that special key sequence I don't remember what it
is. Then go take a nap, you wouldn't want to interrupt it while it is still
updating. I gave mine 30 minutes. It was probably overkill but I was not
willing to take any chances. Like has been said, be sure to save all data
first, as well as restore that data afterwards even if you haven't made
modifications--the update does make things behave a bit oddly during the
interim.

After that, you'll be able to use your kbd and other usb devices (even with an
unpowered hub) if you were previously not able to do that. (mine came shipped
with old old firmware)

_J

>>> "Charles Marston" <rumbero73@xxxxxxxxxxx> 2/19/2010 10:54 PM >>>
Hi:
Does the size of the USB drive matter?  Can I use an 8 gig one that I have?
What is the procedure?  Do I just transfer the file from the computer into the
USB drive and then put it into the XS?  Does the XS recognize the file by
itself?  Do I need to do this with the unit off and then turn it on for the
update to take place?

Thanks for your help.

 My Music at myspace.com

For links to all Motif info for blind owners, visit www.MoAccess.info.
To change your list options and view archives for the MoAccess list, visit
www.freelists.org/list/moaccess.