[mj12] Re: GENERAL: new member + DESIGN: random mutterings

  • From: meep@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mj12@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:01:50 +1200

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:07:44 +1000
n30n <n30n@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hey,
>
>   hooray for discussion, it is good. we need more :D
>
> > <>Regardless of target audience, you may as well go all out and do the
> > whole
> > planet, that way if some guy wants to base himself in Ireland, silly
> > bugger,
> > then so be it, Ireland can be theirs (shotgun).
>
>   maybe we could have a base continent for operations for each Majestic?
> I don't think the country idea would be the best option - there are too
> many. However continents could affect the turns taken to launch an
> attack between players.

Well, yeah. Just call them something cheesy like "South America Union" or
something. Continents should come into launching attacks - but maybe you could
choose for a team to go by, say, public transport or taking one of the black
helicopters. O' course taking the black helicopter makes it a bit more obvious
to get caught!

> > Which brings another question to my mind, this world can't be empty before
> > anyone's playing, would the world be populated by AI corporations and the
> > like originally, with the possibility of player take-overs later in the
> > game?
>
>   taking over corporations and stuff isn't the objective of the game,
> your objective is to have the highest net worth (which is your score,
> and how you will be ranked). talking about scores, I've just got some
> ideas for the scoreboard. but in the interest of keeping data separate &
> structured, I'll send that in a separate email.

Actually, nw should be determined in part by the economic side of your
majestic. So maybe taking over corporations (np-ones) could bring an
interesting way to get more power and stuff...

-Mike