[missbird] Re: "New" abbreviations

  • From: msw103@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jlyancy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 14:44:54 -0600

Jesse (and others):

Here is a link to a more comprehensive list than that provided by the bird banding laboratory (as explained in the introduction to this website):

http://www.birdpop.org/alphacodes.htm

Merry birding,

Mark

Quoting Jesse Yancy <jlyancy@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

This might sound simplistic, but I'm often confused by the new abbreviations
that are often used in this forum (TRKI for tropical kingbird, for instance)
and I was wondering if there is some sort of guide to these or are they just
ones birders use as shorthand.

Jesse Yancy

--
Mark S. Woodrey, Ph.D.
Research Coordinator/Research Biologist

Mississippi State University - Coastal Research and Extension Center
Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
6005 Bayou Heron Road
Moss Point, MS  39562

Phone: 228-475-7047
Mobile: 228-697-0460