[mira_talk] Re: should this assembly be taking several days?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 01:22:48 +0200

On Freitag 02 Juli 2010 Corey Frazer wrote:
> [...]
> So, has something gone off the rails here, or am I just going to have to
> let it run?

I think the problem is RAM: the machine is swapping itself to death, Obviously
the miramem estimate was a bit wrong in this special case ... perhaps more
repeats than "normal" in your genome?

If you could find a machine with 8 or better 12 GiB, I think you'd see MIRA
finishing within a couple of hours.

Also, I suppose you are using 3.0.5. Try 3.1.15 (development version) which
should use perhaps 20% less memory than the ... 8 GIB or so your process
currently needs.

 http://www.chevreux.org/tmp/mira_3.1.15_dev_linux-gnu_x86_64_static.tar.bz2

Or wait for after the week-end, when 3.2.0rc1 will be released.