[mira_talk] Re: should this assembly be taking several days?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:55:32 +0200

On Sonntag 04 Juli 2010 Bharat Patel wrote:
> [...]
> Mira on the other hand produced produced 1245 contigs and with Bambus
> one large scaffold (and small less than 1000bp assemblages) with the
> expected genome size and had 4 rRNA gene operons.

Hell Bharat,

let me guess: the 1245 contigs were about 150 "large" contigs and the rest was
just "contig debris"?

Anyway, what you described how things turned out is exactly what I built MIRA
for: the least possible hassle with genome assembly with the best possible
result. Doesn't always work out that nicely, but often enough for me to be
happy :-)