[mira_talk] Re: run time complications withmira_3.0.0_prod_linux-gnu_x86_64_static

  • From: Susanne Franssen <susefranssen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:17:29 +0100

I have now run the assembly on my data

>I am using mira_3.0.0_prod_linux-gnu_x86_64_static for de nove EST
>assembly of a plant transcriptome. I have approximately 800.000 454
>titanium reads from an non-normalized cDNA library and I started the
>job with the following parameters:

with the cmd:
mira -project=name -job=denovo,est,draft,454 -notraceinfo (1)

and the changed parameters that you had suggested:
mira -project=JGI_ESTs_FK -job=denovo,est,draft,454 -notraceinfo
-SK:mnr=yes 454_SETTINGS: -CL:smrc=4 (2)

It, however; did not change the runtime:
9126m42.232s (1) vs 9011m30.624s (2)

nor the reads ending up as debris
90659 (1) vs 90076 (2)

... does thins mean know that the data set might not be as repetitive
after all, or what else could you conclude from that?

thanks, Susanne