[mira_talk] Re: how do you get MIRA to compile on OpenSolaris?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 00:17:29 +0200

On Dienstag 07 Juli 2009 Steven Cozza wrote:
> I am assured by the admin that the server is running in 64-bit mode
> [...]

Thanks for that exhaustive feedback. I think I spotted a few things in the
config files that lead to the symptoms you reported. Let's see whether we can
get this thing running.

Please download
  http://www.chevreux.org/tmp/mira-2.9.46x3ctest1.tar.bz2

Please note:
1) this is a snapshot of the current CVS head with some unfinished changes in
parts of the code. It's just to test compilation on your platform and is
probably not running correctly once compiled).
2) there'a a new dependency: you need the zlib to be installed. Although I
suspect that this beast is now pretty ubiquitous, it might not be for your
installation.

Unpack and please undefine the shell variable CXXFLAGS (and CFLAGS if defined).

Then please try
./configure --enable-64=yes --with-expat=/data/mccombie/cozzas --with-expat-
inc=/data/mccombie/cozzas/include --with-expat-lib=/data/mccombie/cozzas/lib

This is assuming that a BOOST >= 1.35 is present in the usual system-wide
locations. If not, give configure the path to your local installation with --
with-bost=... . Theoretically no warning regarding BOOST should appear. If
there are, please try to follow the recommendations of the configure script
(somewhere in the middle of it where it checks for BOOST).

Then try compiling: everything should now compile in 64 bit. And finally link
together in 32 bit.

At least that's the plan. Please tell if it fails (and how).