[mira_talk] Re: how do you get MIRA to compile on OpenSolaris?

  • From: Steven Cozza <scozza3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 08:50:36 -0600

I am assured by the admin that the server is running in 64-bit mode and the output of "isainfo -v" is:

64-bit amd64 applications
        amd_lzcnt popcnt amd_sse4a tscp ahf cx16 mon sse3 sse2 sse fxsr amd_3dnowx
        amd_3dnow amd_mmx mmx cmov amd_sysc cx8 tsc fpu
32-bit i386 applications
        amd_lzcnt popcnt amd_sse4a tscp ahf cx16 mon sse3 sse2 sse fxsr amd_3dnowx
        amd_3dnow amd_mmx mmx cmov amd_sysc cx8 tsc fpu

One thing I should mention my CXXFLAGS looks like:

CXXFLAGS='-m64 -pthreads'

If I don't use Boost complains and the compile fails earlier and if I don't specify "-m64" it doesn't create 64-bit binaries.

I tried the modified code you provided and attached is the config.log file and a transcript of the make:

Looking at the config.log it appears that conftest.c is failing to compile and so the test for int64_t never passes.

From the make log I see two things. First the library "boost_thread-mt" is not found and was never compiled in my installation. Instead "boost_thread-sw-mt" exists and if I modify configure to use that library the compile dies at the same spot but at least it doesn't complain about the missing library.

The ultimate error seems to be with libKNN_abi373, it continues to be a 64-bit static library. Attached is the make log after correcting for the boost-thread library:

knn_alf looks like it is producing a 32-bit library as well so the problem might be repeated later if only knn_abi373 is fixed.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

-steve

Steven Cozza