[mira_talk] Re: building 4.9.5 with gcc 4.4.7?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 01:12:23 -0400
On 09 Oct 2015, at 0:34 , Langhorst, Brad <Langhorst@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I’d like to build mirabait with SKIM3_MAXREADSIZEALLOWED larger… (some
transcripts in the human transcriptome are larger than 29900)
Easy enough to change the value…

And while we are at it: the total alignment length of two reads is stored as 16
bit integer. That’s something deep in the bowels of MIRA and cannot be changed
very easily. That is: the length of two reads which overlap may not exceed
65535 bp. Meaning: I do not do not increase the maximum allowed read size
beyond 32500 or thing will break in the most horrible way.