[mira_talk] Upgrading my desktop

  • From: Chayan Roy <chayan.roy93@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 01:53:46 +0530

Hi All,

In recent time I have assembled few genomes. Currently I am using a Dell
Optiplex series desktop which has a 20GB of ram (Max capacity). Considering
the time it is taking my lab has plan to speed up the processing power. One
of our service provider has suggested CUDA, NVIDIA's parallel computing
architecture, for more speed. But unfortunately I am not sure whether MIRA
is CUDA enabled or not. Additionally any suggestion regarding any
COST-EFFECTIVE upgradation is much appreciated :)

Best

chayan

--
*CHAYAN ROY*