[mira_talk] Re: Presenting PCR data as paired end reads?

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:07:56 +0200

It works, absolutely!
We have libraries of fosmids (~30-40kb) for which we have sequenced the ends only, to map them to our genome. We assemble the genomes with these reads - very useful to scaffold contigs and close the gaps!

If you design your PCR primers with consed, which checks that they are not in repeated regions, it should be fine too. I would be curious to see the result, by the way...

Lionel

On 28 Jun 2010, at 22:13 , Bastien Chevreux wrote:

On Montag 28 Juni 2010 Peter wrote:
What if we had sequenced both ends of the PCR fragment? e.g.
Two end reads of length 400bp with an estimated fragment length
of 1000bp - does that make sense to give to MIRA as a Sanger
paired end read?

Yes, very much so. This is, in fact, almost a prototype definition of a paired
end :-)