[mira_talk] Re: On getting 454 data

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 16:44:08 +0200

On Freitag 17 Juli 2009 Einar Arnason wrote:
> I wanted to share with the list the reply I got from the NCBI helpdesk
> regarding getting sff files for the mira 454 walk-through.   They want to
> make datasets available for such walk-throughs.

Thanks a lot Einar. Let's see what they can come up with.

In the mean time, I have searched my hard disk and found both SFFs. If you
want I could upload them to an FTP site of yours.

In other news: the FASTQ files provided by the NCBI for paired-end 454 data are
currently unusable. They're riddled with tons of adaptors which let's about
every assembler go berserk *sigh* Perhaps I should ask them to use
'sff_extract' ... :-)