[mira_talk] Re: On getting 454 data

  • From: Einar Arnason <einararn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:11:25 +0000

Hi Bastien,

It's been a while but I'd like to get the bceti test SFF files from you. I
haven't been able to get them in other ways.

I'd appreciate if you could sftp to assa.lif.hi.is:

user gestur
passwd: AxVv9dr

Thanks a lot

Einar

2009/7/25 Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On Freitag 17 Juli 2009 Einar Arnason wrote:
> > I wanted to share with the list the reply I got from the NCBI helpdesk
> > regarding getting sff files for the mira 454 walk-through.   They want to
> > make datasets available for such walk-throughs.
>
> Thanks a lot Einar. Let's see what they can come up with.
>
> In the mean time, I have searched my hard disk and found both SFFs. If you
> want I could upload them to an FTP site of yours.
>
> In other news: the FASTQ files provided by the NCBI for paired-end 454 data
> are
> currently unusable. They're riddled with tons of adaptors which let's about
> every assembler go berserk *sigh* Perhaps I should ask them to use
> 'sff_extract' ... :-)
>
> Regards,
>  Bastien

Einar Arnason, Professor     einararn@xxxxx
Institute of Biology
University of Iceland
Askja # 346                  office   354-525-4613
Sturlugata 7                  lab     354-525-4606
101 Reykjavik                fax      354-525-4069
Iceland