[mira_talk] Re: New Solexa file format not supported by mira?

  • From: Robert Bruccoleri <bruc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:16:11 -0400

Dear Colleagues,
One important thing to keep in mind when the new format is used -- the Illumina 'chastity' filter is encoded in the second field of the second word of the header line. In the past, the instrument would remove sequences which failed to pass the filter. Now, those reads are included. You have to decide whether you want to use the additional reads.

   Bob

Bastien Chevreux wrote:
On Aug 13, 2011, at 20:40 , Peter Cock wrote:
Do i have to change all @headers now??
Yes, unless Bastien has already updated the latest version of MIRA
to cope with the new Illumina 1.8 files.

I haven't. Will probably do whenever I encounter a 1.8 pipeline data set for
the first time. But I'm still wondering why Illumina made that change in the
first place, I cannot find a single good explanation.

In the mean time, changing the @-header lines is left as an exercise to the
reader :-)

B.

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Bruccoleri
n:Bruccoleri;Robert
org:Audacious Energy, LLC and Congenomics, LLC
adr:;;;;;;USA
email;internet:bruc@xxxxxxx
title:President
version:2.1