[mira_talk] Re: Mira3 server

  • From: John Nash <john.he.nash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:25:54 -0400

Seriously, isnt it about the libraries, and method of package installation?
Other than that, I don't see much difference.

As a bioinformatian, depending on what the admin has provided, I've gone from
IRIX to SunOS to Solaris to Red Hat (to Fedora) to SUSE to Ubuntu, and apart
from a few libraries and learning rpms and apt-get, etc, it's been pretty
transparent. Plus I have played with a dozen or so distros for curiosity's
sake.  The transition from C to Perl was more dramatic.

Sent from my mobile device