[mira_talk] Re: Mira3 server

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 23:07:48 +0200

On Tuesday 24 May 2011 17:42:21 Juan Daniel Montenegro Cabrera wrote:
> I recently tried to assemble a 454 sequencing project.  I have ~190 000
> reads of 236 bp average length.  Although is not a highly demanding
> assembly, the server i am using crashes all the time.  It is pretty old and
> has a lot of users.  Do you know of any other free server i could use to
> run the assembly?

First of all: is this a real crash (a program error which results in such a
fatal status that the process gets killed by the OS) ... or is it that MIRA
just stumbles across something and exits cleanly, giving you a more or less
clear explanation while doing so in the output log? The later is NOT a crash
:-)

Then ... if aut of your 190k read you have 180k which are the same or almost
excatly the same, then this is for sure a very taxing assembly ... the number
of reads not always tells the whole story.