[mira_talk] MIRA run failing due to megahubs

  • From: "Offord, Victoria" <vofford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 15:36:14 +0000

Hi,

My MIRA run on a parasite transcriptome keeps ending with:

You have 0.1052271917% of your reads as megahubs.
You have set a maximum allowed ratio of: 0.0000000000

Ending the assembly because the maximum ratio has been reached/surpassed.
Failure, wrapped MIRA process aborted.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can avoid this?  I have copied in the
manifest below.

Thank you in advance,

Victoria

project = MergedAssembly
job = est,denovo,accurate
parameters = -DI:trtmira.4574 -NW:cmrnl=no -NW:ctp=no  -HS:mnr=yes:nrr=15
454_SETTINGS -AL:egp=no

readgroup = illumina
data = L008_R1_001.fastq L008_R2_001.fastq
technology = solexa
segment_placement = ---> <---

readgroup = 454_schicht
data = schicht.fastq
technology = 454

[RVC Logo - link to RVC Website]<http://www.rvc.ac.uk>    [Twitter icon - link
to RVC (Official) Twitter] <http://twitter.com/RoyalVetCollege>     [Facebook
icon - link to RVC (Official) Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/theRVC>
[YouTube icon - link to RVC YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/user/RoyalVetsLondon?feature=mhee>     [Pinterest icon
- link to RVC Pinterest] <http://pinterest.com/royalvetcollege/>     [Instagram
icon - link to RVC Instagram] <http://instagram.com/royalvetcollege>

This message, together with any attachments, is intended for the stated
addressee(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the Royal Veterinary College (RVC). If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and be advised that you
have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Unless stated
expressly in this email, this email does not create, form part of, or vary any
contractual or unilateral obligation. Email communication cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
amended, lost, destroyed, incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not
accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Communication with
us by email will be taken as acceptance of the risks inherent in doing so.