[mira_talk] Re: EST orientation

  • From: Federico Giorgi <giorgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:33:51 +0200

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 20:49 +0200, Bastien Chevreux wrote:

> Umm, not sure I understand you: you want that MIRA does not use reverse
> complemented sequences in the assembly?
> If yes: this would be the third time in 2 years someone asked for this. I
> could implement a switch to perform this (it's 15 minutes of work).

Dear Bastien,

you got it (for est assembly). Assuming someone has an EST library
preparation method that preserves orientation, then the orientation info
is very important. E.g. there can be an mRNA and a perfect reverse
complement endogenous small RNA that works as silencer, and having mira
merging them would be erroneous.
If it's really 15 minutes of work, it would be great to implement it :-)

Thanks a lot!

Federico