[mira_talk] EST orientation

  • From: Federico Giorgi <giorgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:21:16 +0200

Dear Bastien and everyone,

first of all, thanks for the effort you put into mira.

My question is simple, although I couldn't find a clear answer in the
reference manual.

While assemblying ESTs (mode: est,accurate), can MIRA merge reads with
opposite orientation? In other words, can the final contigs represent
complemented sequences? In my job, I have to be sure that all the
contigs are in the same orientation as the original reads.

Thanks for the answer. And sorry if it was asked begore, I couldn't find
it on the mailing list though :-/

Federico